Tuesday, September 19, 2023

You Just Never Know



 

  I had a friend pass away late last year. He was someone who worked tirelessly in the community, and he certainly helped me. I joined his major project when I was but 20 years old and stayed with him for 20 years. He was a good man. He was my friend.

  The last time I saw him we had lunch while I was in Australia. We talked and he mentioned someone who was in his major project. I had looked for that person many times previously without success, and since his passing, had looked at least three times. Without success. 

  Three weeks ago I looked again and found them. I was duty bound to deliver the news once I confirmed that it was the person whom I knew. I'd hate to be delivering a death notice to the wrong person. We've talked and they have commented on my writing. 

  You just never know where the first fans are hiding. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment